The different places on WiTMS

1/21/2014

Labeling and Defining

I haven't posted in quite a while, so I guess I'll start right off the bat by saying this: While I don't want other people to label me, I'm going to label myself in a way I deem fit.

No, don't let others label you. Hell, don't even call in "labeling." It's just you, defining yourself, and it requires educating yourself on all these different things, but mostly looking inside yourself. As cliche as that sounds, it's true.

No one else can define you. Some people don't like defining themselves, and just say they're human. That's fine. Other people, however, want to know who they are, and that's also fine. Don't tell someone they're wrong one way or another - that's not fine.

I am the kind of person to chose theory and chalk over blood and earth. I become uncomfortable when things go undefined, or when bits and pieces go unnoticed because no one can name them. My physical and mental state are subject to this thinking, as well - it all must be named. It all must be identified. Any orientation, any preference - all there, all labeled.

Does that mean you can tell me to stop thinking so much about who I am? No. You can't tell anyone that. That's not okay.

Everyone has different beliefs. As I said before, telling someone they're wrong one way or another is not okay.

I hope my approach to this hasn't offended anyone. Then again, should I care?
-Narwhal Sandkurt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh. Hi.
Comment?
Please?
-Narwhal Sandkurt